Thursday 25 August 2016

What did I say about my heart betraying me? Well, here goes

You should have seen how his stature caught my eye


His snoody (scarf) hugged his neck in places I wish my hands were hung
His blue and torn dungaree sat so perfect on him I wanted to trade mine for his
I never got to smell his scent but he oozes humbleness


You should have seen how selfishly white and perfectly lined his teeth are
Each laughter he sprung out of his mouth made his eyes sparkle more


You should have seen his eyes and how they do not know how handsome he is
You should have seen his red and white stripped socks from his mom


His face beamed with love for her each time he mentioned her
You should have seen his pure brown eyes stare into mine each time I stared at him for too long
You should have seen how flawless our conversations about heartache were
You should have listened to the ballad melodies that rang from each chair as we packed them away in utter silence


You should have seen how suave and chic his outfit was
You should have seen his lips kiss my breathe with his DM comment


You should have seen my face light up as I reminded myself to pay attention
You should have seen my heart sink as soon as I learnt that I was older


You should have seen me cry my eyes out on the toilet mat before hitting the sack
You should have seen me listening to India Arie's Good mourning as I tell you about my Chris-perience


You should have felt the peace that filled my heart as soon as I accepted life to be rude regarding this point of my life
You should have held me in your arms as soon as you read my heart's portion
You should have but instead you chose to read this post


You should hala at me on Twitter @Carone91 so that I can show you what you should do to be forgiven

With all my love
Chris-ped B

No comments:

Post a Comment