Wednesday 25 September 2013

Tshepiso Hashtag Tailor Motaung.


 Here is an interesting human being who does not want to conform to titles; Tshepiso Hashtag Tailor Motaung.


Tshepiso HashtagTailor Motaung in the flesh.


How would you describe yourself to one who has never heard about you? Who is Tshepiso? And what is Tshepiso all about?

Tshepiso is a creative, born and bred in Pretoria, studied in Johannesburg. Stand up guy next door with a love for anything regarded as different. I would say I am a pretty broad minded free spirited creative. An aspiring all rounder that is what I would like to be called. I like to stay away from labelling myself as a "stylist, photographer & artist", I fell it boxes in a lot of creativity.

 

What makes Tshepiso different: His stance to not be boxed, or his ability to show who he is through his work?

I would say I am more open to new things, which might sound cliché but I feel less people put that in practice. I like to start trends mostly than trying to follow everything that pops up. "Outta the box", if you may...my work speaks for itself as I am not such a "loud or out there" kind of person.
Art is defied by what you know it to be.

I have noticed the subtle yet careful attention you pay to details. What brought about such an attention to detail quality in you?

I guess it is my love for art that inspired that from childhood. I used to practice drawing and painting everyday and the need to perfect each piece motivates that. The graphic design aspect also demands every detail to be in check.

 

Have you continued painting and drawing? Or have the other aspects of your out of the box taken over?

When I get time I get to do a few drawings but fashion and street photography have taken quite a chunk of my time of recently.

 

What does your 9 to 5 job entail?

Actually my 9 to 5 has got nothing to do with creativity but rather paperwork and office duties.

 

How do you balance it all?

I have a 9 to 5 job, during the week, so I travel with my camera most of the time and make sure I look the part daily.

 

And from where do you draw your inspiration?

My mood, people around me, things I hear, global

 

Who are you most closest to?

I am closest to my family and my partner; they support what they would deem "my crazy ideas" Which goes a long way in getting what you want in life; A decent support structure.

 

This is some of HashtagTailor's work
How have you contributed to the art scene of the world?

My contribution has been very minimal according to me as my best work is yet to come, apart from features of my work on several sites, admin work on several pages and networking with some of the best in the industry. The journey has only begun.

I like your positivity, what obstacles or experiences have you gone through that have cemented your positive outlook on life?

I have gone through stages in life where art or my creative aspect had to be shunned aside in order to maintain a decent living to chopping and changing schools to ideas/projects that seemed to work failing....pushing through those kind of situations gives one the knack to carry on trying till you get recognition that substantially reflect your efforts.

How would you like to be remembered? And who do you want to remember you?

I would like to be remembered firstly as an artist and a free spirited innovator who looked at the world with a big mirror in his hands, as what people do eventually reflects in my work. The African continent must remember me....then the rest of the globe.
 
From the heart
Caro-on-the-grind
xoxo

 

2 comments:

  1. The greatest is yet to come how he sees art n values it clearly shows how he lives only daily basis and how he treats it as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. The greatest is yet to come how he sees art n values it clearly shows how he lives only daily basis and how he treats it as well

    ReplyDelete